Saturday, June 21, 2008

What to Do With a Busy Toddler?

What to do with an almost-three-year-old?

In child rearing, everyone talks about the terrible twos. We've managed to navigate the twosome years, but as we approach my daughter's third birthday, I'm beginning to wonder, "What about the busy three-year-old?"

Sometimes I don't feel very creative. And I scratch my head and wonder, "What shall I do with my children today, God?" I think I'm going to the library again and look up books on activities for toddlers. And I think I'm going to re-visit a website I had found a couple of weeks ago that I found very helpful! If you google "raising godly tomatoes" you'll find it.

That's a great website for mothers with young children. This website was created by a lady who got lots of questions about raising children, as she had quite a number of them and they all turned out okay! I find advice and ideas from experienced parents to be more helpful, sometimes, than the advice and ideas from "experts." I know what I'm supposed to be doing; I just need to get ideas on how to do it!

The ultimate in child-rearing, though, is to listen for answers when I pray, "What shall I do with my children today, God?" Whenever I do, things turn out well.

I need to listen to my own advice!

Can anyone tell I've had a long day today?

Till next time,
Jeanette

No comments: