Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mini "Date" Ideas

Like any other couple with young children, finding time to spend together one-on-one can be challenging. I have a five-year-old boy and a two-year-old girl (who will be three in just a couple weeks, praise God!). If it weren't for grandparents who willingly baby-sit, I don't know when my husband and I would get out!

So I often think of things I'd like to do. And if I write them down--which I'm doing right now--they are much more likely to happen!

Here are my ideas of activities this summer for either just me and my hubby or all of us together. Perhaps you'd like to try one too.

1. Explore the downtown shops and little restaurants I've never set foot in...yet.
2. Visit nearby national parks.
3. Plan a "mystery date" for my hubby and take him to his favorite restaurant (and then to Borders where he can peruse his fantasy sports magazines to his heart's content).
4. Go to a motel for at least one night and get some extra sleep! (For the first time in five years, we actually are doing this! Staying overnight in the hospital for the birth of my daughter did not count.)
5. Go to a furniture store and "window shop."
6. Check out the local museums and historical society.
7. Lose weight--no, wait, that's for January!

These few ideas should take us up through August. There are only so many free weekends left in my calendar already.

Till next time,
Jeanette Sprecher

No comments: