Friday, June 27, 2008

Reaching That Weight Goal

It's not been easy, but victory is mine!

For the past seven weeks my husband and I have been following Michael Thurmond's Six-Week Body Makeover eating plan. We both ended up being the types who can eat lean meat, some carbs, and lots of vegetables. Today, I reached my first goal! Yippee!

And that was without doing the cardio exercise.

When you've got two kids whom you must take with you wherever you go, walking for an hour a day is not feasible!

But good-bye 15 pounds anyway! (Boy, was that celebratory small dish of dark chocolate ice cream really good!)

Now for my next weight goal...three more pounds.

Back on the wagon, Sprecher!

Cutting out grains and sugar really did a lot for me. Not only did I lose weight, but eczema disappeared, and dry skin on joints started clearing up. Isn't that interesting?

A few months ago I had the impression from the Holy Spirit that I should cut out grains and sugar. So when we started this eating change in May, I definitely was curious as to what changes in my body might take place.

After a few days, my body started getting rid of some stuff because I had a major headache for about two to three days. I'm guessing it was a sugar withdrawal. It was not fun. But today, it has been well worth it.

Now I don't have to go buy the next size up of clothes. In fact, I need to go try on my "skinny" pants to see if I can fit back in them. I keep these pants to help me stay focused!

On to the next goal...

Jeanette

No comments: