Thursday, June 12, 2008

Neurodevelopmental Physical Therapy

Carolyn Heil is an incredible physical therapist.

My son was diagnosed on the autistic spectrum when he was 2 1/2 years old. Like most parents, I started researching. One thing I came across was the idea of neurodevelopmental physical therapy. In other words, by using specific moves and muscles, you can retrain the brain. I live in Pennsylvania, and all the information I found was from California! That was clear across the country.

Then I heard about Carolyn Heil, a physical therapist in my backyard, so to speak, whose work was similar. I was amazed--it was like an answer to a prayer I hadn't even prayed!

My son has been seeing Carolyn for almost a year and half now. He has made tremendous progress. (This is not the only intervention we are doing, but it certainly has been significant.)

For those of you who are interested and are in the local area, Carolyn Heil will be speaking on the connection between neuromuscular development and learning on Monday, June 30, in Shippensburg at Living Faith Chapel.

Here is the address to get directions from the Internet:
Living Faith Chapel
8770 Possum Hollow Road
Shippensburg, PA 17257

The presentation is from 7 to 9 p.m. and includes a question and answer time. It is for adults only, please. No child care provided.

I highly recommend it!

No comments: