Monday, September 14, 2009

Recent Vignettes

This blog post is a hodgepodge...little vignettes of my life from the past few weeks.

Of course, the biggest news was the passing of my father. He was 86. I won't go into details. Let me only say that I highly recommend staying healthy and out of nursing homes.

One thing I have been pondering since the funeral, though, were the images captured in photos of my aunts and uncles that I saw. For the first time I saw pictures of my aunts when they were young and newly married. The photos were the old sepia versions, but what caught my attention was the sparkle in their eyes. We get so used to seeing older people as they are at the moment that we forget that they too were once young and full of dreams for the future. Those images of my young aunts have really stayed with me.

Since then my husband and I have "celebrated" our 13th wedding anniversary. And I had a big zit on my face. Is that important? Yes! Who wants to go out to a nice restaurant for an anniversary "date" and have a big fat red circle that can't be hidden? It's like a neon sign: "I'm in my forties, my hair is going gray, and look at this big zit!!"

Ah well.

And, by the way, did I mention that our newest computer, which is probably four years old, died? So it took a week to figure everything out, but now we have the older computer, which is nine years old, hooked up to the Internet. And the ten-year-old computer is now being used for games by the kids. Why are the older computers outlasting the newer one? Hmm?

There's nothing like going to the public library to get on the computer to check your email, and being surrounded by young people on the other computers doing who knows what. Did I mention that my hair is more gray than brown, it seems, and there was a zit on my face?!

So that's the latest. Not very informative, but if, dear reader, you got a laugh, than that's fine.

Till next time,
Jeanette

No comments: