Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Pretty Cool Dream

Sometimes the dreams you have while dozing during that in-between stage of awake and asleep are more significant than you think. This one certainly was.

It was one of those mornings when John David, our six-year-old, had gotten us up at 4:15 a.m. or so...and I rolled over and went back to sleep while my husband got up with him. But wives and mothers don't really go back to sleep (depending on how tired we are); we just doze with one ear open to hear what's going on in the rest of the house.

'Twas while I was in this in-between stage of awake and asleep that I had this dream...

In the dream, we were living in a small rancher home. And then it was like I opened a door off the kitchen at one end of the rancher, and there was more house! I walked into more rooms....another dining room, living room, even a music room with a piano/organ-type instrument in it. One room's walls were painted a pleasing shade of green and had a Victorian-looking lamp. There even were old-fashioned upholstered chairs with the doily on the top like the grandmothers of past years used to have on their furniture. There was so much more house, even friends of ours who have six children all fit and we couldn't hear the kids playing, it was so big.

I woke up and thought, "Wow." And the meaning hit me almost immediately. We are living in half a house...in only half or less of all that God has for us. There is so much more out there that we could be living in, that God has for us. And it's good. And it's restful. And we'll like it.

We just need to open the door to it.

A pretty cool dream. For 2009, I want to move into more "house"!

Till next time,
Jeanette

No comments: