Sunday, February 22, 2009

Natural and Painless Weight Loss

One of my latest finds from the Bible that I am using daily is found in Proverbs 25.

I have decided that the most effective way to lose weight and keep it off is to change the way I think about eating. And the way to change how I think is to reprogram my mind with living words...God's words.

And so every day when I wake up in the morning (and now that I think about it, I should do this before every meal), I make this declaration: "I eat only what is sufficient for me."

Are you curious about this verse yet? Here it is, in the Amplified Bible:

"Have you found [pleasure sweet like] honey? Eat only as much as is sufficient for you, lest, being filled with it, you vomit it" (Proverbs 25:16).

Lovely picture, isn't it?

But the truth in this proverb from one of the wisest men who ever lived is unmistakable. Eat only what is sufficient. By speaking it out loud as a personal declaration, I am re-programing my thinking. After a while, I'll have trained my body to eat only what is sufficient. Voila! Reduced weight gain and eventually weight loss—naturally and painlessly!

Interestingly enough, the Amplified Bible allows more than just food to be used in this context. What do you find pleasurable and sweet...that overcomes you? I can think of a few things that people struggle with in life. Here's the proverb: Don't overdo...or it can hurt you.

It's good food for thought, isn't it? (Pun intended.)

Till next time,
Jeanette

No comments: