Thursday, June 4, 2009

Turnaround in a Day

Yikes. I haven't done very well with my New Year's Resolution, have I?

So what has been going on lately that I haven't been blogging? Well, it really is more an attitude than an actual event. Sure, things have been interesting lately with potty training. (I should keep track of the money spent on this particular aspect of parenting. Bribes, new potty chair, distractions, prizes, stickers, doctor's visit!) A doctor's visit for potty training? Yes, even that. Not to help with training, but to make sure nothing is wrong with the bottom because of withholding. Yep. We got into that little cycle. Diaper rash, it hurt, then four weeks of crying and fussing at pooping. Sigh. So yeah, add a visit to the pediatric clinic to the list of costs.

And it's only the beginning of June.

Back to my point. It's not really events; it's an attitude that has been causing me to avoid blogging. In a nutshell, I was too tired to put forth the effort. But after a discussion last night with my husband about changing the way we parent, plus some other steps we made, things are turning around, even in one day.

Now that sounds like God, doesn't it?

Change in one day. I like that.

Briefly, we acknowledged that we are both laid back and easy going, and that doesn't work for the almost-four-year-old's personality and character. We have to change and be more proactive and return demands with, "God gave you two legs and arms and a brain, so you can do it yourself."

That's just a general example, but do you get the drift?

So that's a small picture of life in the Sprecher household recently. I'm sure more changes are to come. Including maybe blogging more often!

Till next time,
Jeanette

No comments: